The DDC-6® program is also recommended for those who must attend court-ordered driver re-education. a.k.a. “Traffic School”.
The definition of Defensive Driving is: “Driving to prevent all types of traffic collisions despite the action of others around you.”
The three-part collision prevention formula:
- Recognize the Hazard
- Understand the Defense
- Act in Time
The loss of workers due to traffic incidences seriously impedes the operation of any business. DDC-6 is designed to teach you, your employees and families how to avoid collisions.
The Defensive Driving Course is an established, proven program.
- fewer company vehicle collisions,
- less absenteeism due to injuries and court-time,
- life-long safe driving habits.
DDC-6 is designed for the adult learner…
- Complete concepts are presented so they are easily understood.
- Materials are fully integrated, so participants who cannot read well will learn visually and through group discussions.
Six sessions taught in six (6) hours;
- Defensive Driving principles and foundations,
- Avoiding collisions with the driver ahead and the driver behind,
- Avoiding collisions while passing / while being passed / with the oncoming vehicle,
- Avoiding collisions at intersections,
- Avoiding single-vehicle collisions,
- Sharing the road with other road users.
- Case studies and written exercises,
- Interactive class discussions,
- Specific techniques to avoid all types of traffic collisions despite the action of others around you.
- The principles of defensive driving,
- Collision avoidance techniques,
- The six adverse driving conditions,
- The time-interval formula,
- The habitual eye-lead time technique,
- The pre-trip mental inventory.
Copyright © 2019 Canada Safety Council.